The MS Project 1-on-1 or small group training – 9 hours in 3 x 3 hour units
- Covers intro to pert charts, logic network diagrams and critical path calculation.
- Learn about Ivor’s Rules, as well as Task Types and Lag. Includes a Manual exercise.
- Setting up a project in MS Project from above with Milestones, Predecessors and Successors.
- Set up calendars and working time.
- Set up timescales.
- Explain the Worksheet View, and Add new fields.
- Insert Total Slack.
- Add Task Notes.
- Insert a Text Frame and Pictures.
- Show how to print Barchart and scaling.
- View and Print the Network Diagram.
- Add Text Fields.
- Use Simple and Custom Filters.
- Pre-Defined Filters.
- Summary Tasks, Rollups and Work breakdown structures.
- Revision – Generate another network diagram and set up in Project.
- Use new program as a Sub-Project.
- Show how this technique is used to consolidate multiple schedules.
- Discussion on the use of Constraints.
- Setup a Baseline.
- Progress Reporting and best way to workout % Complete.
- Issues in MS Project when reporting progress.
- Split a Task.
- Resource Allocation.
- Resource Levelling.
- Cost Tracking
- Reporting and customising reports.